6.21.2010

Its Hard to Say Goodbye!!!!

I have been going to the airport to give my family and friends a send off for the last 10 yrs and have never felt like this before .I have actually started feeling during my last 3visits to airport.I realised today that I can't do this for a while..Today I had been to the airport to drop  my cousin(Sasi) , who was off to India and IT WAS DIFFICULT , mostly because he was leaving to India and I miss home a lot these days . I broke down as soon as he walked past the security and was invisible. I then realised am not going to see him for more than a month and he was travelling to my motherland, Karmabhoomi , my Swades (On an entirely different note, remember SRKs dialogue in Chak de ,while training the girls he says I-N-D-I-A)It just rings a bell in my ears. Woahhhhh !!!!


OMG I can't get over this for a while now ...I am sure of THAT !!

I was in a similar situation when my wife was travelling to India twice , yes twice , once in January , for her Visa and then in April, for a wedding.As I was on the way to airport with her  I was all fine and happy that she gets to travel and all that blah blah .. but suddenly it hits me that not only would I be staying alone here ,but also she gets to go to I N D I A  ...Truly what people say is rite, u miss the place you love more when ur away from it.Perhaps we aware of how attached we are with certain things when we are away ....sometimes I miss my family back in India so badly that I just want to drop everything right now , as they are and be with the family.thankfully my wife does not disagree..But we really cant do that... I wish I could be Superman and  cross continents with in no time.


I guess every one in their life goes through this phase where they feel all homesick and Indiasick and over a period of time get habituated to it.I wonder whether we develop a thick skin towards these feelings or are we just too shy of admitting this in life ??

I still remember the first time when my wife travelled from India to get here , all alone for her studies .We were all emotional in the airport...It really took some time to get adjusted to digest the fact.When I travelled to join her a couple of months later ,I was even more emotional than the others at the airport.The feeling of meeting our loved ones after a long period is in itself a great moment of joy and excitement.I wonder how people can stay away from their loved ones for long periods and don't meet them for years together.I personally know know of people who moved to US 7 yrs back and have not visited INDIA till date.I wonder how they live without visiting their family and friends ???
Sorry I am not talking of those who despite staying in the same city don't find time to meet


I must admit Its hard to stay out of INDIA without visiting our family and friends for long intervals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search box