4.17.2010

RAT RACE !!!!!!!!!!!

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value - Albert Einstein

The above statement actually ticked me to write this post

Targets,commitments,deliverables,Goals,dreams,objective.....are the most common words welive on in todays so called competitive world.Competitive world as we say Who do we compete with our brothers,sisters,friends,colleagues,enemies and also parents not to forget.What do we achieve ??? Something more than who matters in our lives.End of the day some one some day will surpass it and later on some on .Its a rat race that we are all running .Its important to be competitive but also important to strive for excellence and gain knowledge.

Some time back I was talking to a friend of mine he said ' Dude I am satisfied even after my goals that I have set for my self .I asked him about his goals and he gives me a big list of things in life : Good education,high paying salary,position ,beautiful wife,loving family,big house,Top end model car ,international travel.... Then suddenly he stopped talked talking and asked me what I was looking for in life.I told him the same set of goals that he was looking at and told him that I was contended in what I was doing in life,not that I am not ambitious.I am the most ambitious person you would have ever met.But I told him that I don't compare it with anyone as he does.That's when it struck to him that comparing with others will never get him the content in life he was looking for.

Everything I've ever done was out of fear of being mediocre - Chet Atkins


He told me that he was competing with every other as others do.I asked him to stop competing with others and start competing with himself ,which will give him a sense of maturity,focus,self development and above all a sense of achievemnt.No matter how much you do n life we always look up the ladder and say so may of the above me in the ladder.It does matter being at the helm of things gives great name fame,confidence and also comes respsonibility and pressure.

Some where I feel we are all running but losing our values to be first in the race.It does not matter whether we win or lose but it matters how many we have when we lose.I have a strong belief that no matters what happens  in life this way or that we always have our family to fall behind.Never ever screw up on this part of life.I have realised this a bit late ,since I was also part of the rat race and stopped following my dreams until recently when I took this big step in life.

My grand father who is no more is my best friend in my life( He still remains with me when I need him). He has laid a very very strong foundation for me in life by giving me the values and the thought process required to realise my dreams He always used to tell me a very famous quote which I will never forget :



BETTER LATE THAN NEVER 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search box